It's impossible to overstate the emotional, social and even professional benefits that smiling with confidence can give you. If you find you cover your mouth when you smile, or even hold back your smile because you don't want to show your teeth, you should consider what cosmetic dentistry — the art of smile enhancement — can do for you.
There's so much that can be done these days to improve the appearance of a person's smile — at any age. From powerful, professional whitening treatments to amazingly realistic porcelain veneers to state-of-the-art dental implants, there's a wide range of exciting possibilities. So if there's something that's been bothering you about the way your teeth look, let us help you figure out what can be done to give you the smile you've always dreamed of.
The first step in any smile makeover is a thorough dental examination to make sure that your cosmetic problems really are just that, and not a sign of underlying dental disease. Once we've made sure you're healthy, we can talk about ways to enhance your smile cosmetically.
Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures
A successful smile makeover is a team effort between you and the dentists who treat you. Depending on which procedures you choose, other highly skilled professionals such as dental lab technicians may also play a crucial role. Working together, we can make sure you achieve the most beautiful and longest-lasting results. Some common cosmetic dentistry procedures include:
- Teeth Whitening, to brighten a faded or discolored smile
- Dental Bonding, to repair small chips or cracks
- Porcelain Veneers, for repairing larger chips and cracks, and reshaping teeth
- Dental Crowns, to replace larger amounts of missing tooth structure
- Dental Implants, for the longest-lasting tooth replacement available today
- Orthodontic Treatment, to move teeth into the right position — because when things look right, they generally are right
Your Smile Makeover
The most important job you have as a member of your own smile makeover team is to communicate to us exactly what you don't like about your smile and how you'd like it to be different. Before our first consultation, please give some thought to the following questions:
- What do you like or dislike about the color, size, shape and spacing of your teeth?
- Are you pleased with how much your teeth show, both when you smile and when your lips are relaxed?
- Do you want teeth that are perfectly aligned and a bright “Hollywood White,” or would you prefer a more natural look with slight color, shape and shade variations?
- Would you like more or less of your gums to show when you smile?
We find it extremely helpful to see pictures you have collected — of smiles you like, smiles you don't like, and/or photos of the way your own smile used to look, if that's the result you're aiming for. So let's get started on creating a smile that will make you feel as good as you look!
Cosmetic Dentistry — A Time For Change
We are living in an exciting era in dentistry. Today more than ever before, the healing arts are able to provide cosmetic change to meet the public's ever-increasing expectations. Join us as we review the myriad of possibilities available to you for cosmetic dental change... Read Article
The Impact of a Smile Makeover
Americans are catching on to the emotional and social importance of a healthy, beautiful smile, and they're seeking out ways to improve their smiles. Learn why, and what a smile makeover could mean for you... Read Article
Beautiful Smiles by Design
There's more to the art and science of designing a more appealing smile than you might realize. One of the country's foremost leaders in cosmetic dentistry discusses how you and your dentist can partner to create a great new look... Read Article